By Max Prasac
Is larger higher? You guess it's, whilst it is a big-bore revolver!
Big-Bore Revolvers bargains a one-stop source for the wheelgun amateur to the hardened veteran and everybody in among. With in-depth assurance of business and wildcat calibers and their effectiveness, theoretical and real software of terminal ballistics and a close examine brand new on hand revolver structures, this can be the main finished booklet ever released at the topic.
Inside you will find:
- A one-stop source for every little thing you will want and wish to grasp approximately big-bore revolvers
- Foreword via Dick Casull, sleek big-bore revolver pioneer and father of the cartridge that includes his name--the well-known .454 Casull
- A complete examine dozens of outsized cartridges, their designers and ballistics
- Detailed descriptions of the power-house revolvers that may deal with big-bore loads--even when you can't!
- More than 250 full-color photographs, highlighting cartridge comparisons, the revolvers themselves, and the large and unsafe video game which are no fit for the devastating energy of those firearms.
- And a lot, a lot more!
With a unique examine the pioneers in the back of the big-bore revolution, and hunt tales as mammoth because the weapons and cartridges themselves, this can be one e-book each handgun lover and hunter should want to learn disguise to hide. Authored by means of big-bore revolver aficionado Max Prasac, and with collaboration from John Parker and Jack Huntington, of the main authoritative names in big-bore revolver circles, this compendium of proof, heritage and first-hand stories in the back of the attractions fills a long-vacant niche.
Read or Download Big-Bore Revolvers PDF
Best antiques & collectibles books
Encyclopedia of yank Indian Contributions to the realm is a distinct A-to-Z connection with the huge choices made through American Indians all through historical past. greater than 450 entries offer a landscape of little-known information regarding the wealthy inventiveness of indigenous peoples of North, principal, and South the United States.
The Getty Museum homes a good selection of historic painted vases. This quantity, the 5th within the Occasional Papers on Antiquities subseries on Greek vases, follows the path taken by way of previous volumes through introducing formerly unpublished information regarding the works. most significantly for students and scholars of vase-painting, those volumes offer extra entry to the works via broad illustrations, descriptions, and reconstructions
- Warman's Jewelry Field Guide
- Standard Catalog of Rifles & Shotguns
- Combinatorial matrix classes
- Traditional Tomahawk Making Secrets
- Israeli humor: the content and structure of the chizbat of the Palmah
- Functional polymer blends : synthesis, properties, and performances
Additional resources for Big-Bore Revolvers
The bulk of the gun, combined with the effective muzzle brake, do tame the big cartridge. Step up to CorBon’s 395-grain cast loads at 1,500-plus fps, and you will have awoken a sleeping recoil giant; despite the weight of the revolver, this load will let you know it is serious every time you trip the hammer, and the web of your hand will pay the price. Also worth noting is that this is arguably the loudest revolver I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. 460. 475 Linebaugh. 460 Smith & Wesson.
6 inches, which represents a sizeable increase over the parent cartridge in case capacity and velocity potential. 445 SuperMag was better knock-down power in metallic silhouette shooting, where it did indeed excel. Only Dan Wesson offered revolvers chambered in this special cartridge, a gun based on the maker’s stretched frame. Shooting Impressions: This is a round that can be loaded to fairly obnoxious levels, particularly with heavy (300-plus-grain) bullets. 44 Magnum. 45 COLT Born in 1873, this old blackpowder warhorse never seems to get its just due.
Ross evidently had a great deal of confidence in the capabilities of this round—when loaded to potential—and his own ability on the trigger. 44 Magnum, Ross stated, “In the midst of this I began to work in Africa. It was a handgunner’s paradise. Plenty of deer- and elk-like critters could be stalked to within honest handgun range. 44 Magnum fell. 454 Casull right. 44 Magnum. 45 Colt over the chronograph. Ross declined, stepping back an adequate distance and taking cover, as he fully expected the revolver to come apart like a grenade in John Linebaugh’s hands.
Big-Bore Revolvers by Max Prasac